Thursday, November 3, 2011

Vegan Mushroom Gravy


I made this gravy to drape over the mashed potato recipe in the previous post. It's very simple to make and a nice compliment to the potatoes. My family liked it so much, I've made over and over again!



Vegan Mushroom Gravy

2 T olive oil
1/4 C onion
8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms
1 C vegetable broth
Sea salt & pepper to taste

In a saute pan heat olive oil and add the onions. As onions saute, slice the mushrooms and add to the saute pan. Saute vegetables browning the mushrooms. Once mushrooms are browned, add the broth mixing well. Remove half of the mushroom mixture putting it into a food processor. Process until smooth. Add back to the saute pan and season to taste.

Note: The pics are not mine... I need a new camera!

2 comments:

Laura Runs a Latte said...

Yum! Definitely going to be making this (along with the previous mashed potato recipe) soon!

myguetschow said...

Oh... I hope you do. It's all so good!!!