Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oatmeal Banana Smoothie

I need to eat more oatmeal, but truthfully, I’m not fond of it. In fact, I hate it. I think it tastes like paste. So I am always looking for ways to sneak it into my diet. This recipe is quick, easy and delicious. Healthful additions could be 1 Tbsp. of wheat germ or ground flax seed.

Oatmeal Banana Smoothie

Easy
5 minutes

1 C. low-fat soy milk (I prefer chocolate)
½ C. uncooked oatmeal
1 banana
1 C. ice cubes

Put all of the ingredients into a blender and mix on high for one minute or until combined and smooth.

Note: The image above was found at videojug.com

2 comments:

Susan said...

Marcia,

This sounds yummy! I'll definitely add it to my smoothie recipes ! . . . & start tossing some oats into my summertime beach berry smoothies ! Such a great idea !!! Thanks, sis !

And I've got an un-pasty oatmeal option for you that even "Mr. Meat & Potatoes" says has substance and texture !

Microwave 1/2 cup thick oatmeal flakes (I buy them in bulk from our food co-op) with 1/2 cup nonfat plain or vanilla soymilk for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries on top & microwave 1 minute more. Stir & hopefully, ENJOY !

Hugs !
Susan

Susan said...

P.S. OMGosh ! Just ate my favorite variation on this theme ! Thaw the blueberries at room temperature. Stir them and 1/2 of a chopped apple into the microwaved oatmeal & nonfat vanilla soymilk. Do not microwave again. Top with 1 heaping T. of flaxseed meal & 1 heaping T. of vanilla soy protein powder. Heavenly !!! Optional: use organic raw blue agave nectar to sweeten to taste.