Friday, July 30, 2010

Cantaloupe, Kiwi, Cucumber Salad

The camera is back and so am I... yeah!

And didn't I tell you my salad looked great!?

Now the story behind the recipe… I had company coming over for dinner and I wanted a quick, light salad that wasn’t leafy. I had read about combining cantaloupe with cucumber for summer salads, and I had both on hand, plus a kiwi! I put this combination together (very quickly) and served it with dinner. My daughter wasn’t impressed, but I really liked it and so did our friends. I’ll definitely serve it again (when she’s not around). 

So now you have to make it and let me know what you think! I’d love to hear your ideas!!

Cantaloupe, Kiwi, Cucumber Salad

Serves 4

1/2 cantaloupe, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 English cucumber, peeled,seeded & cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1/8 C fresh lime juice
2T orange juice
pinch of salt

Toss the ingredients together and chill at least 1/2 hour. Then, just before serving, stir to coat with the dressing. Serve as is, or with salad greens.












No comments: