Sunday, November 14, 2010

Maryann's Easy Crockpot Applesauce

My dear friend Maryann recently made some applesauce and delivered it to me (great friend, right?).  Well, it was so yummy, I had to ask for the recipe. Low and behold, I found out she used a crockpot... and I really liked the sound of that! You just put everything into the pot and forget about it. She says her entire house smells amazing when she makes this.

I used it as a side dish and a dessert.... (and as a late night treat... shhhh).

Maryann's Easy Crockpot Applesauce
4 pounds of tart apples (she used Jonagold), pared, cored and thinly sliced (approx. 12 C)
¼  C sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t.allspice (optional)
1 C. water
1 T fresh lemon juice

Put the apples into a crock pot. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and start the cooking process. Set the crockpot at (either) Low for 5 -7 hours, or High for 2 ½  – 3 ½. Once the cooking is done, smash the apples with a potato masher and serve.




No comments: