Saturday, August 20, 2011

Avocado Sweet Corn Salad


This is a recipe I dreamed up two summers ago. And now with the tomatoes and corn just coming in, I made it again and thought it deserved a repeat performance. The avocado dressing is wonderfully flavorful on top of the vegetables.

Avocado Sweet Corn Salad

Can be made quickly
Serves 4

Dressing
1 avocado
3 T fresh lemon juice
½ C. peeled and diced cucumber
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 t. sea salt
1/8 t. pepper

Salad
8 C. loosely pack lettuce – chopped romaine and mixed baby greens
2 ears of corn, kernels cut off
1 large tomato, cut into large bite size pieces
½ sweet pepper (I used an orange pepper), cut into bite size pieces
1/4 C. sweet onion, sliced and cut into bite size pieces
1 cucumber – (use the remaining cucumber from the dressing) peeled, seeded and cut into bite size pieces

To make the dressing, cut and scoop out the avocado putting it into a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until blended and smooth. Put the salad ingredients into a large bowl and pour the dressing over the salad. Gently toss to mix the dressing with the vegetables and serve.

4 comments:

omgoshimvegan said...

Thanks for sharing this looks great. Can't wait to try it.

myguetschow said...

Thanks!!! It's always good to hear that someone wants to try one of my recipes. I hope you like it!!! :)

Kathy said...

That looks like a perfect recipe for this time of year. I will try that soon!

myguetschow said...

I hope you like it Kathy! Let me know!

I've got another sweet corn recipe coming soon...

Hugs,